Razorback Foundation Careers
The Razorback Foundation, Inc. (“Foundation”), an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, raises private gift support in furtherance of the educational and athletic endeavors of the University of Arkansas Athletic Department. Through the generosity of our members and benefactors, the Foundation provides financial support for scholarships, facilities, and various programs of the Athletic Department that enable Razorback student-athletes to receive an outstanding college education while participating in athletics on a nationally competitive level in the nation’s premier athletic conference.
Director of Development
December 13, 2018
The Director of Development (“DOD”) will be a vital member of the Razorback Foundation team and share significant responsibilities for the advancement of the Foundation’s annual fund, major giving development efforts, planned gifts, various programmatic responsibilities, as well as other duties as assigned. Among other assigned duties, the position will be responsible in helping design, implement, and carry out fundraising initiatives for the Foundation, including, but not limited to, establishing and developing personal and corporate relationships, cultivating and stewarding current members, developing strategic initiatives to increase member engagement and giving as well as assisting with annual fund, major gift fundraising, planned giving and special events in assigned territories. Further, this position will have other programmatic responsibilities as assigned. This position will report directly to the Executive Director of the Foundation or his/her designee.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Responsible for helping formulate, develop, and implement programs and operational plans to achieve the Foundation’s mission of raising private gift support for the University of Arkansas Athletic Department (including, but not limited to, Annual Fund, major gifts, and planned gifts) with a focus on an assigned territory as well as assist in developing and implementing the Foundation’s strategic plan.
- Responsible for helping build the Foundation’s image, impact, and presence in an assigned territory and elsewhere by establishing sound working relationships and collaborative arrangements with current and prospective donors, community groups, funding organizations and other entities by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 150 to 200 annual fund and major gift donors, including cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding current donors, and conduct a minimum of 15 in person visits each month, including ten (10) with existing Razorback Foundation members and five (5) prospective Razorback Foundation members or donors (based on prospects developed by the DOD or through recommendations from the Executive Director and/or Foundation staff), actively building a pipeline of prospective donors, providing excellent member service, as well as maintaining a culture of NCAA and SEC rules compliance, upholding the reputation of the Foundation and Razorback Athletics, and contributing to the overall success of the Foundation and Razorback Athletics.
- Responsible for communicating and advising the Executive Director and other Razorback Foundation staff members regarding donor discovery (prospects), cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation, including, for example, preparing prospect and donor visit and solicitation notes using the Foundation’s donor and prospect management software systems.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting one to two major gift proposals per month to donors and prospective donors in coordination with Foundation staff and attending at a minimum one marketing or civic event per month and one business-related event per month.
- Responsible for embracing all demographics of Arkansas Razorback fans and developing meaningful relationships with an authentic ability to relate to current and prospective Foundation members, including arranging visits with prospective donors with the Executive Director and/or the Athletic Director.
- Assist in the execution of all game day fundraising activities, including any pre-game and/or postseason events.
- Serve as a liaison to an assigned sport as well as liaison to assigned Razorback Club(s).
- Assist in the organization, implementation, and execution of Razorback Foundation special events and game day fundraising activities as needed, including, but not limited to, pre-event set up, post-event tear down, welcoming guests at check-in table, assisting with pre-game and/or postseason events as well as attending various Razorback athletic events, including, but not limited to, chamber of commerce events, luncheons, after-hour dinners and receptions.
- Possess thorough and updated knowledge regarding Razorback Foundation giving opportunities, including, but not limited to, membership level requirements to assist existing and prospective donors with seating and parking options in all venues as part of the Annual Fund and assist with game day stewardship opportunities and experiences.
- Possess ability to accurately and succinctly communicate with donors, fellow employees, and supervisors both in writing and orally.
- Possess ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with all employees, supervisors, Athletic Department officials, Razorback Foundation Members, prospective new members, and guests.
- Possess ability to establish and maintain effective and respectful working relationships with fellow employees and administrators of the Razorback Foundation as well as employees and administrators of the Athletic Department.
- Possess ability to exercise good judgment, to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, and to ensure completion of all projects within scheduled time-frames and with the highest levels of customer service to all of the Foundation’s stakeholders and constituents.
- Possess ability to help set-up for special events, including, but not limited to, the ability to operate a motor vehicle with a valid driver’s license.
- Possess ability to operate a golf cart to transport Razorback Foundation members upon request and to greet Razorback Foundation members at tailgate and membership appreciation events.
- Possess ability to maintain donor confidentiality and protect donor information.
- Perform any other tasks and/or projects assigned by the Executive Director and/or the CFO.
- Responsible for performing all other duties as assigned by the Executive Director, which will include attending home and away athletic events that may occur during nights, weekends, or occasional holidays.
Required and Preferred Professional Qualifications
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred;
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience with direct fundraising experience preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build productive, beneficial relationships with a broad range of constituents;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, assess and order priorities, and track details in a fast-paced environment;
- High level of motivation, assertiveness, and ability to work independently;
- Ability to write major gift proposals individually and/or as part of a team;
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to Arkansas Razorback donors;
- Must work well with other Foundation team members and be member service oriented and work normal and/or non-traditional hours as needed;
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills and the experience and ability to be an outgoing spokesperson, relationship builder, and fundraiser;
- Knowledge and understanding of the Razorback Foundation membership and priority point system and its application to seating for donors and ticket holders at athletics events;
- Knowledge of Paciolan ticketing software, Advantage Donor software, and SalesForce software preferred; and
- Working knowledge of NCAA and SEC rules and regulations.
How to Apply
Email your resume, including references, to HR@razorbackfoundation.com