Razorback Foundation Careers
The Razorback Foundation, Inc. (“Foundation”), an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, raises private gift support in furtherance of the educational and athletic endeavors of the University of Arkansas Athletic Department. Through the generosity of our members and benefactors, the Foundation provides financial support for scholarships, facilities, and various programs of the Athletic Department that enable Razorback student-athletes to receive an outstanding college education while participating in athletics on a nationally competitive level in the nation’s premier athletic conference.
Director of Strategic Communications and Stewardship
June 5, 2018
The Director of Strategic Communications and Stewardship will be a vital member of the Razorback Foundation team and will develop creative and innovative direct and indirect strategic communications with members and prospective members, create opportunities to develop and engage existing and prospective members at individual and organizational levels, develop and implement storytelling and digital platforms to advance the Foundation’s mission, and strengthen and enhance the Razorback Foundation brand through strategic initiatives. This position will report to the Executive Director or his designee and collaborate extensively with the Foundation’s fundraising team.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Develop, implement, and execute a comprehensive communications plan using all available media to fulfill the Foundation’s mission and strategic plan, including, but not limited to, creating and executing plans to expand the Foundation’s current membership; to retain all existing Foundation members and manage stewardship initiatives for all members; and to follow-up after events with prospective members;
- Responsible for the creative development of first-class publications and collateral materials, including, but not limited to, storytelling and the impact of private gift support on Razorback Athletics, the Annual Fund brochure, email and text messaging, gift acknowledgements, video projects, and infographics among other communication pieces;
- Create content, manage, and grow all current social media and develop new digital platforms and initiatives to engage existing members and to acquire new members (including, for example and without limitation, managing Mobile Cause texting program, digital publications, digital apps, and other digital initiatives); use data analytics to measure the efficacy and the return on investment of each initiative and platform;
- Create and develop opportunities for membership engagement as well as strategies for strengthening the Razorback Foundation brand;
- Manage and oversee the Foundation’s website and ensure content stays updated and effectively engages prospective and existing members of all generations;
- Create, implement, and execute a first-class annual fund and major gift stewardship program;
- Develop and maintain collegial and productive working relationships with Foundation members, the University of Arkansas Athletic Department, the University of Arkansas Advancement Division (including the Office of Special Events), the Arkansas Alumni Association, and other key stakeholders to advance the mission and best interests of the Foundation;
- Assist in the execution of Foundation special events and all game day fundraising activities, including any pre-game and/or postseason events, and attend various Razorback athletic events;
- Knowledge of Foundation membership level requirements to assist existing and prospective donors with seating options in all venues, assist with gameday stewardship opportunities and experiences, and provide general office assistance as needed, including phone and email support.
Required and Preferred Professional Qualifications
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred;
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in communications and/or public relations, intercollegiate and development/fundraising preferred;
- Excellent and efficient skills in writing (including a strong understanding of AP Style), editing, organizational, and design (print, desktop, publishing, web) including knowledge in Adobe Design Suite products (e.g., In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.);
- Understanding of how media works and good media relationships preferred;
- Knowledge of the latest advances in effective use of digital and social media for effective communication;
- Proven experience with marketing automation tools preferred;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, assess and order priorities, and track details in a fast-paced environment;
- High level of motivation, assertiveness, and ability to work independently;
- Ability to see, hear, speak, maintain cognitive function at a high level and engage in physical activities necessary to help set-up and tear down events as needed, including the ability to lift 15 pounds;
- Must work well with other Foundation team members and be member service oriented, work normal and/or non-traditional hours as needed, and travel when necessary; and
- Possess a working knowledge of NCAA and SEC rules and regulations.
How to Apply
Email your resume, including references, and submit a portfolio of your professional work product, including examples of graphics, press releases, feature stories, social media posts (including performance metrics and results) and websites to HR@razorbackfoundation.com